Welcome to Whitefriars Christmas Market
This year our fabulous market is bigger and better than ever. We are sure you will find perfect unique gifts here with over 40 traditional British-made wooden sheds showcasing the best products that local, national and international traders have to offer. The market has it all with shopping and bespoke gifts, amazing gourmet foods, events the whole way through and a sparkly new Father Christmas’s Grotto. A magical new festive family event, come along and join us!
- To avoid disappointment, book your Grotto Tickets now! Our Grotto is incredibly popular and we would advise you to book online in advance as there are no opportunities to book on the day!
- Follow us on twitter @christmascanterbury and look out for the #secretsanta updates! This will inform our guests of the offers and fantastic spot prizes which we will be given to lucky customers throughout the market and surrounding stores every day!
- Pop-up entertainment throughout the market each week: choirs, live bands, dancers and face-painting!
- Don’t forget to come to the Opening Night on
Thursday 20th November with the Canterbury
Christmas Light Switch-on at 6pm!
- The Official Opening of the Christmas Grotto will be
on Saturday 22nd November with the annual Father
Christmas Arrival Parade. Father Christmas, his helpers and the Marlowe Theatre Pantomime Cast will be cruising through Whitefriars on his sleigh handing out treats for everyone. It’s going to be a fantastic day, come along and welcome him into his new home!